Hello everyone! Jenn here today sharing my altered cork wall decor using amazing products from Art Anthology!
AA Colorations Sprays in Juicy, Timeless, and Peacock Feathers
AA Velvets in Cotton and Fiji
AA Minx Shimmering Ink in Allure
AA Texture Set Rust
White Acrylic paint
Heavy Matte Medium for adhering
Hot Glue Gun
Start with a clean cork plaque like this one. You can use any shape you like.
Here is a poster showing each step. See my instructions listed below.
- I started by adhering some vintage lace and cardboard shapes for dimension and texture.
- Next, adhere all metal, plastic, wood, and chipboard embellishments using a strong adhesive, glue gun, or gel medium.
- Coat entire piece in heavy white gesso. This will probably take a few coats drying between each.
- Once gesso is completely dry add spritzes of AA Colorations juicy and water. Let this dry or use a heat tool to speed up drying.
- Once dry add spritzes of AA colorations Timeless and water and allow to dry.
- In between coats i added a bit of AA Minx Shimmering ink in Allure and dried.
- Coat the bare areas in AA Velvet Cotton and then brush edges in AA velvet Fiji as seen here.
- Keep layering the colors and adding colorations as needed until desired level of rust look is achieved.
***Extra Hint*** If you prefer a lighter look once everything has dried completely, Use a drybrush technique in white and lightly brush over as seen in comparison below. This is how I completed mine.
I just love all the rusty goodness achieved with these products!
Thanks so much for visiting and viewing my post today. I hope that you are inspired to get crafty and creative! All products used here and many others are available online at the link below!
Please be sure to follow us on Facebook and share your amazing AA projects with us there!
Art Anthology Adventures in Art