Ghostly Greetings from Toni and I’m here to inspire you with a “Bone Collector Mini Album and Coffin” to keep all those fun costume pics of your Halloween extravaganza. At the end of the post I have created a Snapguide tutorial on step x step process for creating the coffin, and a bit on creating the template for the mini album. My project started off with this dollar tree find coffin and I traced it on chipboard to create my pages for the mini album to fit inside. This project had several steps but oh what fun it was to make… I actually had to tell myself “ENOUGH ALREADY”….. lol The entire project was adhered to a wood base that was given wonderful textures with AA paints, rocks and craft sand. Wood pieces were applied to the sides of the coffin with Mudd Texture Paste and then painted to provide that old wood effect. AA’s paints are perfect because they are thick and full of body, some having textures and grits that really provided that weathered look I was going for. All those pesky hot glue threads that appear on your projects are a warm welcome to this one because it gives the illusion of webs. The inside of coffin lid was achieved with AA’s Gothic Stencil and Mudd Paste. The tree was made from floral wire and then painted with different shades of AA paints to provide that dead look. Several Ideaology pieces were used such as lantern, spiders, word band, glass vials, skeletons, and bones to enhance the project as well. I used several different brands of Halloween paper, for the mini album and distressed the edges with AA paints. The inside of the coffin was decoupaged with Halloween napkin. This is one side of the mini album. Here is the other side of the album. It’s hard to believe there is room for 30 pictures on this ini. And here is a collage of all the pages to the mini album. Hope this post didn’t SCARE you with all the photos and steps involved, actually was quite simple and allows your creativity to go crazy. So park your brooms at the door, sit down for a spell my pretties and enjoy the snapguide tutorial below. The following are the products used to create my piece.
Sorbet – Kenyan Copper